Ads Top

Because Tanya Prewitt-White is a mudshark married to her colored husband Courtney White, the photo of them giving a CTA panhandler some money went viral....

Blue Line mixed race couple gets global praise for helping down-on-his-luck colored stranger with a checkered past.

Courtney White and his wife, Tanya Prewitt-White, were riding the Blue Line home from O'Hare on Sunday night when they noticed a man who appeared to be homeless, sleeping in his wheelchair.

The couple were returning from Alabama, where they had attended Courtney's grandmother's funeral. They both noticed the man and were moved to offer him some help.

"We were getting off at Irving Park, and I had grabbed some money to give him," Prewitt-White, 33, told me Thursday. "My husband had the same idea, so he already had money out to give him. I handed my additional money to my husband, and he just slipped it all into the gentleman's bag, and we walked off."

Jack Stankovic, a Chicagoan riding the Blue Line to meet a friend for dinner, witnessed the random act of kindness and snapped a photo of the couple as they were exiting the train. He posted it to Facebook with the following note:

"Please share.

"These 2 people must be put on blast. I am on the #blueline heading towards the city when I spot something rare and sometimes unheard of. There was a disabled homeless man in a wheelchair sleeping, this guy in the picture reached over and slipped some money into the homeless man's bag. No one else noticed but me. This wasn't spare change, and the homeless man wasn't bother or asking for anything from anyone. This couple got off at the #irvingpark station. Thank you sir for reestablishing my faith in humanity. You sir are a true gentleman. #cta #goodsamaritan #karma let's all share and thank this guy and his girl."

More than 60,000 people had shared it by Thursday.

CLICK FOR MORE

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.