Ads Top

Convicted Child Rapist & Former U.S. Congressman Mel Reynolds Taken Into Custody By Federal Judge; unable to find home while awaiting trial

You're honor, half the landlords I spoke won't rent to me because I am a child rapist, the other half of the landlords wouldn't rent to me because I am a politician! I can't win!

Former U.S. Rep. Mel Reynolds, awaiting trial on tax charges, was taken into custody Wednesday after he was unable to find a place to live while free on bail on electronic monitoring.

Deputy marshals led Reynolds from U.S. District Judge John Darrah’s courtroom.

The action comes a week after Reynolds violated his bond by extending his stay in South Africa to care for a daughter he said was seriously ill. Prosecutors raised questions about the extent of the daughter’s health problems.

Reynolds was arrested as he returned to the U.S. at the Atlanta airport but was freed at that point and allowed to return to Chicago for a court appearance last week.

CLICK FOR MORE

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.