Ads Top

Sheriff Tom Dart takes another look at mayor's office

Chicago Mayor Tom Dart.

Not Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart, but Mayor Tom Dart.

You might want to get your mind around it, now that Mayor Rahm Emanuel's political future in Chicago isn't as shiny as it once was. And Sheriff Dart is thinking about making a move.

He told me so during the taping of "The Chicago Way," my podcast on WGN Plus.

"This time I am," Dart said. "Before, I would have told you, categorically, that my kids were still way too young. They're young, but there are sacrifices we all make in life. So I'm willing to look at some of those."

There couldn't be a greater contrast than that between Emanuel and Dart. Emanuel has coveted the image of a ruthless inside player. He's a man once feared, but no longer. Rahm has a huge likability deficit. But mention Dart's name, and an odd thing happens. People don't cringe. Dart is considered to be compassionate.

So, except perhaps for the guards' union at the jail, with which he's at odds, most of Chicago has a good feeling about Dart.

CLICK FOR MORE

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.